Books

| |

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

RWR: The First Post | Books, Life, and Other Updates

 
Hello, you amazing rock-stars! Welcome to the first blog of the RWR brand. If you didn't know, my name is Esther Hadassah. I'm an author, blogger, graphic designer(DesignsbyEH), and certified unicorn (equivalent to a Jane of all trades). I write under two pen-names: E. S. Elias for fantasy and sci-fi. Esther Elias, sweet romance.

Rock Winter Records is a fictitious recording label I created in one of my romance books, which later became the imprint name for my future in publishing my books. Plans for publishing are still in the works, and until then I am working on other side projects.
I was going to write 2 separate posts on my individual pen-name blogs, but I felt I would just be repeating myself. I have the RWR blog for a reason. I intend to use it.

Book Updates:
I am one of those authors who can juggle many projects at once and never get them confused. This means I can switch back and forth from writing a sci-fi adventure to a sweet romance story. I do it all the time and it is seamless. Here is the load down on the projects I am working on.

Pirates
. I have a pirate story I started last summer. I took a break during the Christmas season. In recent weeks, I have jumped back into the story and I crashed through the brick wall stopping me from taking the next step.
This book is special to me. It is inspired and based on a conversation I had with a friend. Said friend is always asking me questions about the book, and I try my hardest to keep working on it. However, this friend is not a "writer" and does not understand the time I spend getting to where the story will flow. 
The planning of this book is taking me longer than some of my other projects. I'm not complaining. Some books will take longer than others. It's just how things work sometimes.

The Xiphis Saga
. Book One, The Bridge Between Worlds, is written. It is currently in Draft 3. Or at least, it needs a final copy/line edit. I spent all of 2020 working on that book. I touched nothing else. Though I outlined other potentials. I am currently writing the sequel and working on the second portion of the outline. This warps into my plans for a future sequel series, and three (3) companion novels. My initial plans for 2021 involved putting my focus on the sequel, but then at the end of January, the main character's daughter decided it would be okay to start her book before getting the sequel series started.
Currently, I have the entire first part of "Hazel's Book" written. I need to outline the second part and the third. All while outlining the sequel series so events align. Hazel's Book is a companion novel to the sequel series, and while it is a separate story, the events mingle with the character from the sequel series. ... Okay, spoiler alert: The sequel series follows the son of the Xiphis Saga character. The companion is his twin sister.

Let's take a break from fantasy adventures and see what is happening on the Romance side of the writing cave.

Little Women retelling. I have a short story series, titled Modern Classics, following many of my favorite classic books, retold as my own. I currently have 2/5 complete. However, I am not updating you on the series. I've veered away from the short stories and I am rewriting my Little Women retelling as a new book. Project Teddy (and the official title is TEDDY).
While writing this book began in the last four months, I've had the plan to write the book for much longer. I believe it was June 2020 when I decided.
Currently, Act-1 is written. Act-2 needs outlining. Act-3 is partially outlined and partially written. But hold up, why retell/rewrite this beloved classic? I wanted Jo to marry Laurie, okay! *giggles* 
This is the only romance book I am working on right now. Though I do have a full series of sweet and cheesy planned out, I just don't want to work on that series yet.

Life Update: Well, shit, Diana!
Hope you enjoyed the WW84 reference. I have said this a lot since March 12th. That day, my family took a hit and we have all been coping, trying to regain footing. I do not wish to go too deep in detail about what happened. For other people, it's considered normal, but not for my family. And especially not under cover of night.
Connected to the details which shall not be mentioned, my family is trying to move. We've come to the end of our lease and the landlord wants to sell the house. We love the house, but we don't want to buy it. So, in the last 2 weeks, there has been a realtor and appraiser to see the house I live in.
My parents have been to several appointments with multiple realtors to see different houses on the market. We haven't found a house to fit my family. *whispers- There are 10 of us at home.

Other Updates:
I have fervently worked in freelance graphic design for many years. My professional career has only been in the last 3 years. I've had 3 clients. Keeping my skills in practice on Wattpad has helped me maintain a portfolio with many examples. Some of which I have not shared yet.
I'm between platforms right now. I used to update my website every week, but the last year was rough and I fell behind. A lot of the reason is because I moved platforms and shockingly, the site I thought would be more professional looking only allows me to update the site with strong, highspeed Wi-Fi. I work using the hotspot on my phone. I only have strong, highspeed internet for a single day, at the start of each month. It runs out quickly. I may have an unlimited hotspot, but once the speed goes down to 2G, I can't even access the dashboard of the website. It sucks. So, my back-up plan is to start from scratch again and post to a platform. Visit my portfolio here: DesignsbyEH.
Keeping in-line with my graphic designing, I've opened a RedBubble Shop! (not sponsored, just shameless self-promotion!) In 2020, I had plans to start a notebook business, but it fell through during the quarantine. Among other things. I was going to make original designs; I had everything worked out. But the events of the year took their toll, and I had to put my plans on hold. I am in a position where I want and need another stream of income. Launching my RedBubble Shop gives me another stream of income. At least, until I get my publishing started.

This post was a doozy, but it meets the purpose. I didn't want to write separate blog posts just to repeat myself. *winks* See what I did there. Thank you for joining me. In the future, posts won't be as long. This blog is, hopefully, only for brand updates as well as joint-author promotional updates.

I am still designing/organizing this platform. So the only links I have for you, at the moment (which can be found in the side-bar), are my Ko-fi and Patreon "Tip Jars". The Ko-fi page is already set up, so you can check it out if you like. I am still finalizing my goodie-bags for Patreons, but the page is live if you want to look at that as well. The RedBubble Shop will be there too. Until next time, see you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment