Tuesday, April 6, 2021

RWR: March Updates | My Writing Routine is Whacked!

 

Welcome back!

Hello, Rockers! I’m doing a combined update, again. Writing duplicate blog posts just doesn’t seem like fun right now.
I have an exciting announcement to share with you! But first, some updates.

Writing Updates:
While I have no intentions of true participation in CampNaNoWriMo this month, I do want to reinstate my writing habits. I am used to a writing routine. Daily writing, no matter how little or much I get done. So, I am using Camp as an excuse to restart my writing habit.

In addition to fixing my writing routine, I’ve made it my focus to getting Xiphis Saga Book 2 drafted. I have 1/4 of the book written. I thought it was more, but after some careful calculations… I’m behind in my schedule. I never worry about goals, apart from the smaller ones. And if my goals are not reached within the “time-table” I made for myself, I don’t freak out. But I genuinely wanted to have the first draft finished by now. Because then I could start the POV rewrite and bring the story to the next stage.

My over-creative mind is to be blamed for making me stop working on TBotB in the first place. I was on a roll back in January. But the Frostdust twins wanted attention. Yes, you read that correctly. Frostdust Twins. The children of Regina, from the Xiphis Saga. (Why do I type that out as if I have never mentioned them before?)

On the romance side of my writing, because I haven’t been writing everyday I haven’t opened any of my contemporary projects. Project Teddy is on hold, but I’ve made an effort to at least read over my outline. I came to the conclusion I am only one Act away from finishing this draft. I am not planning any rewrites. I am already rewriting the original version of this story.

Other Updates:
A lot of the above updates are related to what is going on in my life right now.
My family is still trying to move. I think we’ve looked at 20+ houses. Some were nice, others not so much. A few of the nice houses we tried to negotiate offers with the Realtors, but other interested people got to them first. Which is totally fine. It just means we have to keep looking.

I’ve been playing a lot of mobile games lately. Raid! Shadow Legends and Final Fantasy XV are at the top of my list. My internet is not any better than it was for my last update. My games are slow to load and sometimes I have to tap the “Retry” button a few times before I can even collect my daily login rewards. Which means my Chapters app just won’t let me read any of the books. I have Pokemon Go on my phone (it is the only game I allow on my actual phone; I have a separate device for my other games). I have to be very patient with the game because I use up all of my daily Pokeballs. Also, there isn’t a single PokeStop near my house. I have to wait until it’s my turn to go in the car. There’s a number of Stops and Gyms at the country club, five minutes from my house. 

Announcement!:
Finally, I can tell you my special announcement. I am not going to explain every detail. I need to iron out some things first. I need to plan this to the T before I make it fully public.
I am getting some character art ready to put on merch at my RedBubble shop. The reason I need to plan this well is because the character art I’ve been playing around with is for a book I haven’t shared with anyone yet. And yet these characters are close to my heart right now and they are just wonderful. So, I will share more on this very soon.

Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you’re doing well. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment