Monday, August 2, 2021

RWR: July Updates | "Well...shit, Diana!" (Take Two)

 

Welcome back to the blog. Apologies for the very dull opener, but shit happens. And it seems to happen to my family A LOT. So, here's the load down on what happened in July.

Camp NaNoWriMo ... It was a total bust. Stuff kept coming up. I barely opened my laptop, and the days I did were spent on prepping things for work. So, even when I intended to win a very low word count, I still lost because there just wasn't any time.

I lived out of boxes during the first three weeks of July. Everything was packed within a few days. I packed up my lovely desk but kept my chair until the final day when we loaded the truck and brought everything to storage. 

Why did we put our things in storage? What happened to all those house appointments? Wasn't there a deal made already?

These are questions circulating in my head, which I know will be asked at one point or another. So I am addressing all the FAQs here:

Over the course of eight (8) months, my family saw (at the very least) a hundred available houses. Some were just not right for my family. Some houses were actually posted by scammers (are they not ashamed?), which we avoided. On June 29th, my parents and I went to see a gorgeous home in our old town (a town we still love and want to go back to). It ticked all the boxes. I would have space to assemble my new bookshelf (which my parents got me for my birthday at the start of June). The neighborhood was clean and beautiful. We loved the location and the yard was workable for my two doggies.

However, this dream slowly became a nightmare when the deal fell through and we had already asked for way too many extensions from the landlord. He had already sold the house and was waiting for us to get out so he could close.

So, on July 19th, we packed up our remaining things and drove to a nearby Wendy's. Where we had dinner and sat in the car for what felt like an eternity. We called as many people as we could think of, and all the doors slammed in our faces. I won't go into further detail, but we ended up going to a hotel for the night (it was at least 10pm by then). And the following day, we found another place to stay until we found a new house. The day I write this post (July 28th), I am still at that place.

All the craziness aside, I'm okay. We are okay. I just wanted to do something with myself, especially since I do not have any of my writing notebooks. I want to write something so bad, but I don't know what to do without any of my notes with me. I might have to fiddle around with something new.

Thank you for dropping in. I hope this post finds you well. I will see you next month with another update. See you in the funny pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment