Thursday, March 31, 2022

RWR Publishing Journey: I Need This Off My Chest | A Rant About Wattpad

 

Today's post is mostly for me to get it all off my chest. But I feel it should be said, seeing as I never complain about this subject and my experience in these last 11 years on Wattpad has been, overall, very positive. But this is something that only recently started to bug me and I need to get it off my chest.

Wattpad has always been my go-to site when I want to publish any of my works on the internet. I've used other sites but always find my audience on the Orange-W. The site has changed so much over the last decade, and I've stuck with them through and through. Other users have, publicly, shared their distaste for so many changes happening back-to-back, and yet I never felt bothered by any of them. I do miss the orange background. Everything is very bright and white and it hurts the eyes. And the only way to make those fancy profile changes are if users subscribe to Premium. Sorry, that is just not worth the investment and I am just fine with my FREE account. That was the reason I joined, it's FREE.

I've never let anything Wattpad does bother me, but today is a whole different story. I was setting up a new chapter in one of my books and I wanted to include an image I made for that story. My internet is a butt today, so I had to try a few times before it uploaded properly. Five minutes later, I get a DM from the Wattpad team letting me know the image was flagged (they linked to the new chapter I was working on) and that I needed to take action. There was a scam going around recently, so I checked to be sure this was the actual W-Team. It was, so I took action and appealed. I am not in violation of the Content Guidelines. I made the image with Canva, myself, for this book. I used it countless times throughout the book and never had any issues. Until now. The chapter isn't even published anymore. I had deleted it after creating it, right before reading the message.

The "Flagged" Image
I have never had this problem before. And as someone who reads The Fine Print before doing ANYTHING, to avoid this very issue, I do not understand why I was flagged.  


I consider myself to be an upstanding Wattpad resident. I have never posted or promoted inappropriate content and I try to create a safe environment for my followers/readers. And whenever there is a profile that definitely violates the Code of Conduct, I've reported them and provided proof of the violation.

I have sent in an appeal, despite having deleted the chapter. Because I am very upset and I have been wronged. I am sure the W-Team will see my side and that they will retract their flag. They definitely have the ability to see my history with them and can tell I am one of their most loyal users. It is simply not fair. And as mentioned above, I've never been bothered by anything Wattpad has been doing, until this happened.

I have been in many similar situations in my life where I was falsely accused or wronged. I got through that, I know I can get through this. But it is still very unfair and it does hurt. 

Thank you for listening. I know this is not the usual content you get from me, but I promise it is not going to become a habit. I am not on this planet to spread strife. Future posts will go back to regular programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment